PROJECT HERO #MILLIONMILE CHALLENGE- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
• PROMOTION PERIOD: The #MillionMile Virtual Challenge contest series (the “Challenge”) begins at 12:00 AM United States Pacific Time (“PST”) on April 22, 2019 and ends at 11:59 PM PST December 22, 2019 (the "Challenge Period").
• ELIGIBILITY: The Challenge is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry (“Entrant”). Employees of Project Hero, Inc. (“Sponsor”) are not eligible to participate or win. Void in all Countries embargoed by the United States and where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable laws and regulations apply.
• HOW TO ENTER: During the VIrtual Challenge Period, participants may enter the challenge by posting your riding activity to the Project Hero (National) Strava Club After you upload your ride activity on Strava, post a photo to the Strava Project Hero (National) club and post a photo on either your personal FB page*, Instagram**, or Twitter *** with the hashtags #MillionMile & #WeAreProjectHero. For more info on the #MillionMile Challenge, or additional information about how to join Project Hero, go to https://weareprojecthero.org. Entries received in excess of the limitation will be void. *, **, ***- Entrants must have a Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter Page.
• RANDOM DRAWING: Each VIrtual Challenge Winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received throughout the Virtual Challenge Period in a random drawing to be held on or about the last day of each challenge period. The random drawing will be conducted by a contractor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Virtual Challenge. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Virtual Challenge Period.
• PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): All prizes are donations and have no retail value.
Any taxes or duties on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. No cash alternative or prize substitution will be allowed, except in Sponsor's discretion. In the event prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond Sponsor’s control, Sponsors reserve the right to offer a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The ARV of the prize listed is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules, and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. If the actual purchase price of the prize is less than the ARV stated herein, prize winner will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. Prizes are subject to availability and in the event the listed prize is not available, Sponsor may substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value.
• WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winners will be notified by Project Hero via the Strava Project Hero (National) club page and the Project Hero Non-profit Facebook prior to receipt of prize within seven (7) days and must provide a mailing address. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification and an alternate winner being selected. Prizes or prize notification returned as non-deliverable will result in disqualification and the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected and notified as indicated above.
• GENERAL RULES: By participating in this Virtual Challenge, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor/Administrator. If prize winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of parent or legal guardian, who will be required to sign all documents and fulfill all required conditions as set forth in these Official Rules. By accepting the prize, winners (or parent/legal guardian for a minor winner) agree that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor's authority may use winners’ name, picture/portrait, likeness, and/or hometown/country, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. By accepting the prize, winners (or parent/legal guardian for a minor winner) agree that Sponsor and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and Challenge agencies, and their directors, employees, representatives and agents, partners and prize suppliers have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by winners for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind (including death) to persons, and property damages sustained, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or participation in this Challenge. Usage of the Project Hero Service and participation in Project Hero Rides/Events is at your own risk. You should not attempt any exercise that is beyond your skill/health level. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the Challenge materials or the offering or announcement of the prizes. If for any reason the Challenge is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Challenge, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge and award the prizes in random drawings from among all eligible entries received per entry method prior to cancellation. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, mistranscribed, illegible or postage-due mailed entries or delayed or incomplete entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website/application or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or this Challenge; or (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the Challenge or administration of this Challenge or the processing of entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY PROJECT HERO WEBSITE OR APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of any dispute regarding these rules printed in other languages, the English version of these rules will govern and prevail.
• WINNERS: For the name of the Challenge winners, available after December 23, 2019 (for a period of at least 30 days), visit https://weareprojecthero.org/million-mile-program.
• SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Challenge is Ride 2 Recovery (DBA Project Hero), San Diego, CA USA.
Engage and connect
in our multi-day, one-day
or daily local programming.
Be present and experience.
Give a little time and receive so
much more. We have hundreds
of opportunities throughout
the year. JOIN US!